Bodyflex Collagen is “Collagen – Vitamin C complex”
- Bodyflex Collagen designed for joint health
- Collagen 1000 mg/ tablet
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation
4 tablets of daily intake contain:
Collagen 4 000 mg
Vitamin C 40 mg
Hydrolyzed Peptan® fish collagen, Anti-caking agent E 468, Surface finishing agent E 470b, Sodium ascorbate
4 tablets per day. Tablets can either be swallowed whole with liquid, or cut in half, chewed smaller or crushed and mixed with food.
Suitable for adults. The product is suitable for regular use.
Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten.
Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
180 tablets / 191 g
- Collagen is the key structural component of cartilage tissue and maintaining sufficient levels is essential for healthy and flexible joints. Our body naturally produces collagen but with ageing body’s ability to produce collagen decreases, which might lead to cartilage thinning.
- Cartilage is made up of cellular building blocks (chondrocytes) which produce an extracellular matrix, consisting of collagen and proteoglycans (mainly aggrecan). Collagen fibres make up 70-95 % of cartilage and are responsible for its structure and strength, while proteoglycans serve as lubricant to the joint.
- Healthy cartilage is maintained by a finely balanced process that breaks down collagen and aggrecan and replaces them with a newly formed matrix. If this balance is interrupted, enzymes can attack collagen and aggrecan leading to a loss of cartilage and joint function. To maintain healthy joints it is essential to ensure this balance is protected and the necessary building blocks for collagen are available to support cartilage regeneration.
- A 45-year-old synthesizes only 45 % aggrecan and 69-year-old only 25 % compared to a 20-year-old. Consequently, almost all people over 50 years suffer from osteoarthritis in one or more joints.
- Bodyflex Collagen tablets contain 1000 mg/tablet highly bioavailable type 1. Peptan® fish collagen, which enhances joint, bone and muscle health, and vitamin C, which contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage.