MSM (methylsulphonylmethane) tablets
- For stiff joints
- For muscle and bone health
- For healthy skin and hair
2-4 tablets contain:
MSM 2400–4800 mg
Molybdenum 25-50 µg
1–2 tablets twice per day with plenty of water.
OptiMSM® methylsulphonylmethane, Anti-caking agent silicon dioxide, Surface finishing agent Magnesium stearate, Sodium molybdate
Free from lactose, gluten, sweeteners and yeast. Suitable for vegans.
120 tablets / 146 g
- MSM (methylsulphonylmethane) is an organic water-soluble sulphur compound, which is an indispensable component in human nutrition. It is found in every cell in the body and the body needs sulphur for its functions. It is an important mineral in the body and essential for life. Good nutritional MSM sources are seeds, grain, soya beans, garlic, tomato, coffee, tea, beer and cow’s milk.
- Sulphur is a mineral that is concentrated in certain tissues. Half of the body’s sulphur is in muscles, skin and bones. Hair and nails also contain plenty of sulphur, which makes it an important factor in their well-being. In addition, sulphur is needed as part of sulphur-rich amino acids and the formation of insulin.
- MSM is necessary for the formation and maintenance of muscles, ligaments, strings and bones. MSM helps to prevent inflammations as it prevents prostaglandin and prostacyclin synthesis. MSM is recommended especially for athletes to prevent stiff muscles and cramps. It also prevents gristle degeneration, supports its reformation and decreases the formation of scar tissue.
- The skin, hair and nails also benefit from MSM as its sulphur is needed for the formation of collagen and keratin. MSM is responsible for the disulfide bonds between cells and skin. MSM deficiency may cause cells to turn stiff, which can lead to cracks and wrinkles. Sulphur makes the skin softer, smoother and more elastic. MSM prevents nails from cracking and provides shine and strength to hair.
- Drinking extra water is recommended when MSM is consumed. Fresh fruits and berries are also recommended as they contain plenty of vitamin C and biotin, which help to utilise MSM in the body.