Iron with vitamin C supplement
It is particularly suitable for individuals who are sensitive to standard iron supplementation.
A long-acting, stomach-friendly, strong iron product for increased iron requirements
Contains iron as three highly absorbed compounds – iron citrate, iron fumarate and iron sulphate – and vitamin C, which promotes the absorption of iron.
- Useful for individuals with malabsorption and poor iron status
- Particularly suited to those individuals who are sensitive to inorganic iron supplementation
- Iron contributes to normal oxygen transport in the body
- Iron and vitamin C contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Iron contributes to normal cognitive function
- Iron contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Vitamin C is antioxidant that contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
Lactose-free, gluten-free, yeast-free, unsweetened and vegan.
Iron citrate (EU), Iron fumarate (EU), Iron sulphate (EU), Anti-caking agents hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, microcrystalline cellulose and silica, L-ascorbic acid (non-EU), Surface treatment magnesium salts of fatty acids.
Daily intake of 1 tablet. contains:
Iron (Fe 2+ ) 100 mg (714%) *
Vitamin C 80 mg (100%) *
* of the daily intake reference value
1 tablet per day. Avoid taking it at the same time as tea, coffee, dairy products or calcium supplements, as they slow down the absorption of iron.
100 tablets / 70 g
Iron (Fe) is an essential mineral needed to form hemoglobin in red blood cells and to carry oxygen from the lungs to every cell.
Women in particular have trouble getting enough iron. The need for extra iron may also occur in athletes, the elderly, and convalescents .
Prolonged iron deficiency can cause anemia, which occurs especially in adults, young women, and expectant mothers. Iron deficiency may occur in women of all ages, e.g. due to heavy menstruation, pregnancy and lactation, weight loss, poor eating habits, and eating and absorption disorders. Strong exercise and sports may cause a decrease in iron stores in men as well.
Iron deficiency manifests as fatigue, headache, dizziness, general malaise, decreased resistance, pallor, irritability, and depression.
Today, plasma ferritin, which is a form of iron storage and shows iron deficiency even before hemoglobin begins to fall, is considered a better measure of iron deficiency than hemoglobin. Thus, it is possible to suffer from iron deficiency even if hemoglobin is within the reference limits. Normal ferritin also does not always indicate adequate iron stores, as ferritin levels may be elevated in certain inflammatory conditions.
Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that promotes the absorption of iron. Vitamin C is needed e.g. to maintain good resistance and the condition of the skin and blood vessels.
Ferroforte 100 is a strong iron product. Recommended for measured iron deficiency.
- Please ensure the necessary use of the product by a healthcare professional
- Lactose-free, gluten-free, yeast-free, unsweetened.