Iron citrate – Vitamin tablets
- Well-absorbing and stomach friendly iron product containing vitamins B and C, which both are important for the absorption and utilisation of iron.
Anti caking agent E460, Iron citrate, Ascorbic acid, Surface finishing agent E 470b, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Thiamin mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pteroylmonoglutamine
1 tablet of daily intake contains:
- Iron 18 mg
- Vitamin C 60 mg
- Vitamin B12 3 µg
- Vitamin B6 2,2 mg
- Vitamin B1 1,4 mg
- Vitamin B2 1,6 mg
- Folic acid 300 µg
1 tablet per day.
120 tablets / 60 g
Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten. Suitable for vegans.
- Iron (Fe) is an essential mineral that is needed for the formation of haemoglobin in red blood cells and to transport oxygen from the lungs to every cell. Long-term iron deficiency can lead to anemia, which is common especially among adolescents, young and pregnant women. Iron deficiency can appear among women in all age groups, e.g. during periods, pregnancy, breast feeding, dieting, simple diet as well as during eating and absorption problems. Heavy sports is a common reason for iron deficiency among men.
- Women in particular have problems in getting enough iron. Iron deficiency can exists also among athletes, elderly people and convalescents. The blood’s iron content is measured by haemoglobin tests. Haemoglobin’s (Hb) reference values in women is 120-155 g/l and in men 130-180 g/l.
- Iron deficiency can be seen as tiredness, headaches, dizziness, lowered immunity, paleness, irritability and depression.
- B-vitamins are water-soluble vitamins vital to most human organs. Thiamine (B1) is important for metabolism, the skin and the nervous system. Riboflavin (B2) affects erythrocyte production like pyridoxine (B6) which has also a central role in amino acid metabolism. Vitamin B12 is needed for growth and the nervous system as well as for erythrocyte production. A sufficient supply of folic acid is essential especially in pregnant women as it prevents embryo damages. Folic acid is also an important vitamin in erythrocyte production.
- Vitamin C is an important antioxidant. It is needed, for example, to maintain general immunity as well as for the well-being of the skin and circulation