Milk thistle seed extract (Silybum marinum)
- To support liver function.
- 200 mg milk thistle seed extract containing 160 mg silymarin
1 tablet contains:
Milk thistle seed extract 200 mg
silymarin 160 mg
Anti-caking agents E460 and E 551, Milk thistle seed extract, Surface finishing agent E 470b
1 tablet per day.
Free from lactose, yeast, gluten and sweeteners.
Not recommended during pregnancy, breastfeeding, together with anticoagulants or if you are allergic to Compositae plants.
Suitable for adults. Suitable for vegans.
60 tablets / 33 g
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) originates from the Mediterranean region. Even before the Common Era milk thistle was known to be important plant for liver and to support its function. Plant’s active ingredients are found in mature milk thistle seeds; six different flavonolignans, which mixture is called silymarin.
- Silymarin protects the liver in many ways, such as against damage caused by alcohol, medicines and other chemicals. Silymarin increases the production of glutathione, which is our body’s most important antioxidant and stabilises the liver’s cell membranes and thereby minimises cell damage.
- One Liverin tablet contains 200 mg milk thistle seed extract, of which 160 mg is silymarin. 200 mg of the milk thistle seed extract equals to 5000 mg of dried milk thistle seeds. Liverin is recommended to be taken for two months.