Alpha-lipoic acid tablet
- Alpha-lipoic acid is a versatile, vitamin-like compound that is found in every cell in the body and it affects the inside as well as the outside of cells.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is especially important for the brain, peripheral nervous system, eyes, heart, liver and skin.
1-2 tablets of daily intake contain:
Alpha-lipoic acid 250–500 mg
Alpha-lipoic acid, Anti-caking agents E 460, E 341 and E 551, Surface finishing agent E 470b
1–2 tablets per day.
Free from lactose, yeast, gluten and sweeteners.
Suitable for adults. Suitable for vegans.
120 tablets / 72 g
- Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), e.g. tioctan acid is a vitamin-like compound that a healthy body can produce by itself. ALA is found in every cell in the body, where it helps to turn glucose into energy and protects cells against the harmful effects of free radicals. However, with ageing or in case of stress, heavy exercise or disease, the body’s ability to produce ALA decreases.
- ALA can be found in small amounts in food such as organs, beef, yeast, beans, spinach and broccoli. ALA is both fat- and water-soluble, and it absorbs effectively from gastrointestinal tract and has a long lasting effect inside and outside the cells.
- ALA can also enhance the antioxidant effects of vitamins C and E as well as ubiquinone by regenerating these already oxidized substances into active form.
- Alpha-lipoic acid may significantly increase the production of glutathion, which is the most important antioxidant in the brain protecting nerve cells.
- Alpha-lipoic acid food supplement is recommended especially for the elderly, athletes and people having a stressful lifestyle. For maximum absorption, the supplement should be taken on an empty stomach.