Calcia® Sitraatti is “Calcium citrate – Vitamin D” complex
- The calcium in Calcia Sitraatti is in a well-absorbing, organic form of calcium citrate.
- Vitamin D boosts calcium absorption.
2-4 tablets of daily intake contain:
Calcium 400-800 mg
Vitamin D3 5-10 µg
Calcium citrate, Disintegrants microcrystalline cellulose and cross-linked carboxymethyl cellulose, Emulsifier magnesium salts of fatty acids, Cholecalciferol
2–4 tablets per day.
Free from lactose, yeast, gluten and sweeteners.
160 tablets / 179 g
- Calcium is an essential mineral throughout the whole life. It is needed for example as a structural material for bones and teeth and also for the normal growth.
- Vitamin D improves the absorption of calcium and is important for the well-being of bones and teeth.
- Calcium is needed during adolescence and for women over 35 years in particular, after which bone mass starts to decrease.
- Calcium deficiency, smoking, lack of physical exercise and some other lifestyle choices decrease bone mass. It is very important to take care of sufficient growth of the skeletal structure during its growing period and to maintain its condition and strength later on.
- The main source of nutritional calcium is dairy products, such as milk, cheese and yoghurt.
- The daily calcium requirement is on average 800 mg, but it varies in different age groups and also according to gender. For women, the need for calcium grows during pregnancy and lactation as well as during and after menopause. It is important to ensure a sufficient supply of calcium during dieting and also if the diet contains little or no milk preparations.
- The calcium in Calcium Sitraatti is highly bioavailable as it is in an organic form of calcium citrate and it also remains longer in the body.