Gymnema sylvestre – leaf extract
- Helps to control blood sugar levels
- Maintains sugar balance
- Contains Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract, which is standardised to its active ingredient gymnemic acid. One capsule contains 100 mg of gymnemic acid.
1-2 capsules of daily intake contain:
Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract 400–800 mg
containing gymnemic acid 100–200 mg
Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract, Gelatin (capsule shell, bovine), Anti-caking agent E 460, Surface finishing agent E 470b
1–2 capsules per day after meals.
Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten.
60 capsules / 33 g
- Gymnema sylvestre, native in India, is a woody, climbing shrub, which roots, leaves and their actual active ingredients gymnemic acid and gurmarin have been used as medicinal plant in India for over 2000 years. Other ingredients found in this plant are tartaric acid, calcium oxalate, glucose, stigmasterol, betaine and choline. The plant’s Hindu name is “gurmar”, which means “sugar destroyer”.
- In addition, gymnemic acid decreases the absorption of carbohydrates in digestion. Thus one can avoid tiredness and other symptoms caused by changes in blood sugar levels.
- Gurmarin, found in Gymnema sylvestre, numbs the taste for sweets thus decreases the desire to eat foods containing high amounts of sugar. A clinical study shows that people using Gymnema sylvestre consumed fewer sweet drinks and nutrition compared to the control group.