- Melatonin contributes to the reduction of time taken to fall asleep and to the alleviation of subjective feelings of jet lag.
1 tablet of daily intake contains:
Melatonin 1,9 mg
Mannitol, Maize starch, Surface finishing agent E 470 b, Melatonin
For sleeping 1 tablet a day before bedtime.*)
For sleeping problems caused by jetlag 1 tablet near bedtime first and the next couple of days when travelling.*)
Tablet can be dissolved in the mouth or swallowed with liquid.
*) The desired effect can be achieved by taking 1 mg of melatonin just before bedtime.
**)The desired effect can be achieved by taking at least 0,5 mg before bedtime on the first travel day and then continue afterwards for a couple of days after arriving at the destination.
Free from lactose, yeast and gluten.
Suitable for adults. Suitable for vegans.
60 tablets /18 g
- Melatonin is a hormone found naturally in the body and it is secreted from the pineal gland in the brains. Melatonin is linked to the sleep-wake system and the amount of daylight affects the secreting of melatonin. During night and winter time it is secreted the most and this secreting is individual – as well as age-related. In small children, melatonin secretes abundantly, but with ageing melatonin production decreases as well as when using a lot of alcohol or when suffering from stress.
- Melatosell supplement helps nutritionally to replace body’s decreased melatonin levels. Melatonin helps to shorten the time to getting to sleep because it prepares the body for sleep by decreasing body temperature and alertness. Melatonin does not affect sleep structure itself and does not cause tiredness in the morning.
- Melatonin supplement can be used when suffering from jet lag. It can improve certain symptoms of jet lag such as alertness and movement coordination as well as daytime sleepiness and tiredness. Melatonin returns the body’s own normal day rhythm.
- Melatosell tablets can be dissolved in the mouth, where it acts quickly. The absorption of melatonin increases when tablets are taken on an empty stomach. Not recommended when using sleep medicine. Excess use can cause laxative effects