Vitamin D3- tablets
- Strong Vitamin D supplement – contains 50 µg of vitamin D3 in one tablet
- Small and easy to swallow tablet
1 tablet of daily intake contains:
Vitamin D3 50 µg
Anticaking agent E 460 and E 450, Corn starch, Cholecalciferol, Surface finishing agent E 470b
1 tablet per day.
Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten.
300 tablets / 90 g
- A sufficient supply of vitamin D is needed throughout the whole of life. Vitamin D is produced in skin exposed to sunlight. From nutrition, vitamin D can be obtained from fatty fish, fish oil, eggs, mushrooms and vitamin enriched foodstuffs, such as milk and margarine. In Finland, the recommended daily intake of vitamin D for people aged 2 – 17 years is 7,5 µg per day, for people 18-74 10 µg and for people over 75 is 20µg . For pregnant and breast feeding women, the recommended daily intake of vitamin D3 is 10 µg.
- As very few foods are naturally rich in vitamin D, additional supplement intake is recommended especially for children, elderly people and during pregnancy. Vitamin D supplements are recommended for everybody during the dark winter months.
- Vitamin D deficiency can result from inadequate exposure to sunlight, poor nutrition and disorders, which limit vitamin D absorption.
- Prolonged vitamin D deficiency can result in bone thinning and fragility disorders in adults, especially in elderly people. In children, vitamin D deficiency may result in disturbances in growth and motoric skills, weakness, inclination to infections, loss of appetite and rickets.
- Vitamin D supports a healthy immune defence system and is important for bones, teeth, muscles, good mood and hormonal function.
- Vitamin D regulates the calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood by promoting their absorption from food in the intestines.