Acetyl tyrosine – iodine – selenium complex
- To support thyroid function
- L-tyrosine for the formation of thyroid hormone
- Iodine and selenium promote normal thyroid function
1 tablet of daily intake contains:
- N-acetyl-L-tyrosine 300 mg
- Iodine 150 µg
- Selenium 55 µg
N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, Anti-caking agent E 460, Potassium iodide, Selenomethionine, Surface finishing agent E 470b
1 tablet per day.
Not recommended during pregnancy and lactation. Please consult your physician if prescription drugs are used.
60 tablets/ 30 g
- Amino acid L-tyrosine is a thyroid hormone component together with iodine. It is important for the formation of thyroid hormone and dopamine. Product’s tyrosine is in a form of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine or NALT. It is a modified version of the amino acid l-tyrosine which has the additional active compound acetic acid attached to it. This combination has accelerated bioavailability and absorbs straight into the blood stream once digested. Tyrosine is naturally produced in the body from phenylalanine. Tyrosine acts in the body as a precursor to thyroid hormones, melanin, dopamine, adrenaline and noradrenaline.
- L-tyrosine is used for depression, stress related anxiety, tiredness and fatigue, and hypothyroidism. L-tyrosine can promote sport performance and improve thyroid-controlled lipid metabolism. It helps to save muscle proteins during weight loss and increases “fat burning” and energy synthesis, so L-tyrosine can be helpful during dieting and for people suffering from low body temperature. L-tyrosine also affects the formation of melanin or pigment. L-tyrosine can be useful in preventing vitiligo. Melanocyte cells of epidermis produce melanin pigments from tyrosine together with hormones produced by pituitary.
- Iodine contributes to normal production of thyroid hormones and the normal function of thyroid and nervous system, energy-yielding metabolism and the maintenance of normal skin.
- Selenium contributes to the maintenance of the normal thyroid and immune system function, to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and to the maintenance of normal hair and nails. Iodine and selenium act with L-tyrosine in synergy.