Folic acid supplement
- Bioactive form of Folic Acid (L-methylfolate)
- Folic acid contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- For nervous system, tiredness and fatigue.
- Contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and to normal blood formation
- The Department of Health recommends that women who could become pregnant or who are already pregnant take Folic Acid daily at (400 micrograms [µg]) before conception and throughout the first 12 weeks of pregnancy
- Easy to swallow, fast-dissolving tablet.
Mannitol, Corn starch, Surface finishing agent E 470b, Folic acid*
* (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic®)
1 tablet contains:
- Folic acid 400 µg
1 tablet per day. Let the tablet dissolve in your mouth.
Free from lactose, yeast and gluten. Suitable for vegans.
Suitable for adults. Suitable for vegans.
60 tablets / 18 g
- Folate or folic acid is a water soluble vitamin that the body needs to synthesise DNA, repair DNA and methylate DNA as well as to act as a cofactor in certain biological reactions.
- Folic acid is normally found in a wide variety of foods and is commonly consumed through a diet of green leafy vegetables, sprouts, fruits, brewer’s yeast, and animal products such as milk and dairy products, egg yolk and liver.
- Folic acid supplementation is needed especially during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Therefore, folic acid is recommended with daily dosage of 400 µg for those planning for pregnancy. Folic acid’s upper intake level is 1000 µg per day.
- Vitatabs® Folaatti contains 400 µg of folic acid or folate (vitamin B9). The Quatrefolic® folate used in the product is the most bioactive form of folic acid (L-methylfolate).
- Folate contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy, to normal blood formation and has a role in the process of cell division. It also contributes to normal psychological function, the normal functioning of the immune system, to normal homocysteine metabolism and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.